Book Two of Jasper Morris' interactive edition of Inside Burgundy covers the Côte de Nuits. This zone, in many ways the heart of Burgundy, covers world-famous vineyards and villages such as Romanée-Conti, Richebourg and Nuits-St-Georges, plus:
• Superb interactive maps: zoom into close-up, move around with a finger-tip. Live links take you to the text on grands crus and premiers crus
• Videos take you right into the vineyards with Jasper Morris
• Never before seen plans of individual vineyards show exactly which wine domaine owns which plot
• Hundreds of colour photographs from two top Burgundy photographers portray the vineyards and the people who make the wines
• Highlight text, make your own notes – build up a personal library of cellar data and tasting impressions
• A glossary by Jasper Morris explains key terms at the tap of a finger
• The iPad's portability makes the eBook an invaluable companion on visits to the region.
Côte de Nuits is a companion to the widely-praised Côte de Beaune. It contains the complete text – updated and expanded – from the chapters of the award-winning hardback book Inside Burgundy.
Author Jasper Morris is a Master of Wine and has spent 30 years exploring and working in Burgundy, gaining unrivalled knowledge of its landscape and people. He understands the region and its wines from the bedrock up.
Reviews of Côte de Beaune:
Tamlyn Currin, JancisRobinson.com: "This puts all the electronic ‘e’s into Beaune Heaven. The maps are coloured, crisp and detailed, with a ‘tap to zoom’ feature that had me peering at the contour lines of Chassagne-Montrachet for a mesmerised time. I’d practically walked that vineyard by the time I left the page.
"Visually, it’s a delight. The font and clarity and spacing of the layout is so crystal-clear. What gives the e-book a jewelled edge is the addition of the luminously beautiful photographs; Burgundy seen through the lens of an artist, glowing with colour and so vivid it looks close enough to touch."
Comments from wine enthusiasts:
"Best ebook I've ever seen as far as wine education goes, hands down."
" Absolutely blown away by Inside Burgundy ebook. Never'd buy a book again if all books were like this. Video, photo, maps."